Posted: 06.10.21 at 17:18 by Alex Greensmith
A part-time role in Macclesfield Hospical's communications department has opened.
This 28 hour a week job is our featured Job of the Week - and you can find more great Macclesfield jobs by clicking on the Macclesfield Nub News Jobs section.
This Communications and Engagement Officer role will have a specific focus on Freedom of Information requests.
So an understanding of the Freedom of Information Act of 2000 is essential, as is Microsoft Office with Excel being in indispensible piece of software used to do the job.
If you have experience in responding to emails asking for data within 20 working days, then this might be the job for you.
East Cheshire NHS Trust is seeking a Communications and Engagement Officer to support the communications and engagement team in the delivery of the internal and external communications and engagement strategy with focus on statutory public information disclosures through the Freedom of Information (FOI) process," said the employer.
"The role will also encompass supporting the development of the trust's new internal Sharepoint site and the coordination of key patient information delivered to the public through effective use of digital and print methods.
"To support the communications and engagement team in the delivery of the internal and external communications and engagement strategy with focus on statutory public information disclosures through the Freedom of Information (FOI) process.
"The role will also encompass supporting the development of the trusts new website/Intranet and the co-ordination of key patient information delivered to the public through effective use of digital and print methods."
You'll be responding to journalists and members of the public via email - who seek facts and figures about East Cheshire NHS Trust.
The fixed term contract is for 12 months.
Other essential role requirements include:
• NVQ level 4 or diploma in relevant subject or equivalent knowledge and experience in similar field
• Understanding of technicalities of intranet and web site based activities
• Excellent computer literacy and knowledge/experience of building, designing or developing blogs/websites
• Has a wide range of competencies with various technology platforms
• Marketing / communications and Engagement knowledge and experience across private and /or public sector organisations
• Knowledge of key stakeholder groups and appropriate communication methods to target these market groups
• Analytical/ numerical skills in order to gather, analyse and report upon a range of data and information
• Demonstrable report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise, plan and focus on deadlines
• Proven ability to work with people from a range of organisations, levels and backgrounds
• The ability to work independently
• Experience of working and communicating with a range of people at all levels
• Dealing with external agencies
• Experience of planning and implementing patient feedback initiatives
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Willing and able to travel to meetings and partner organisations
• Specific demonstrable knowledge of writing for reports, policy, public consultation and writing for the public understanding
• Effective team worker
• Flexibility, friendliness and Reliability
More desired traits are found on the link below:
Applications close on October 15, and can be submitted here.
Know anyone who loves numbers and communicating with people?
Please share this article with them.
Macclesfield: Have you signed up for our Friday weekly newsletter containing each week's top 10 Macclesfield news stories, and one FREE exclusive article?
640 of you have signed up already. Simply enter your email address into the shaded box below.
Free from pop-up ads, or unwanted surveys, Macclesfield Nub News is a quality online newspaper which produces 25-30 stories a week for our town.
From 4pm until late make a start on your Christmas shopping. Macclesfield will be feeling festive with a giant tipi with heating and seating in Market...